Friday, March 15, 2013

Sharing Designs

I enjoy seeing people work on my designs.  I also like to use designs from others and take it to the next step.  I did this when Kathrin from Gitta's in Mississauga started posting pulled thread patterns.  She envisioned a sampler.  Kathrin had also mentioned a box top.  Once she realized the size would be too big, she left it at a sampler. 

I really liked the thought of a box.  I like to make things that are usable.  I have to admit I only have so much wall space. I decided to use the squares and adjust the border to make a box. Sixteen squares would make a nice sized box. I randomly assigned the patterns to each side of the box.


 I then decided to make things to go in the box.  I randomly assigned a pattern to each piece and here is what we ended up with:

I sent Kathrin two patterns as a follower of her blog had asked for them.  I would have posted them here first but having them sent for Kathrin to post, I wanted to stay true to my word.  Today she has posted the patterns for the pin keep and the scissor fob.

If you go to Kathrin's blog: http://gittas-kathrin.blogspot.ca/ and follow the links, you can get them.  Check out her blog while you are there.

Please feel free to let me know how the directions are for completing these.  I am always looking for feedback to make them better and easier to understand.

Happy Stitching!

K

No comments:

Post a Comment