Monday, August 8, 2016

August 2016

Hi,

Wow! August already!

It has been a very busy time since last post (can't believe the date on that). I officially have my Teacher Certificate for Embroidery.

I have taught my first class. it was with the Toronto Guild. It was a Blackwork course. I designed a special biscornu for them.






It was designed to give the students as much choice to make it their own and match their skill level with Blackwork. It was a fun day. I enjoyed meeting and working with all those who attended.

I have been busy coming up with designs for The Embroiderers' Association of Canada's(EAC) Seminar in 2018. Submissions for classes are due Sept 1, 2016. This is part of the reason I have been quiet.

I was fortunate to win Seminar theme for EAC's Seminar 2016 - Inspiring Threads. I have a piece being considered for the Bobby Pilling Award with EGA, and I am looking to submit to the "Eye of the Needle" exhibit with EGA, as well. A few designs have headed off to various magazines too.

This fall I will be hosting my first Cyber class. The piece is called Muskoka Landscape. It involves Pulled Thread and Surface embroidery together. In designing it, I wanted to include both, but was aware that many shy away from counted embroidery. The piece is approximately 4 X 6 inches, so enough to try something new It is being offered with Virtual Threads, the cyber guild of EAC (on Yahoo). It is open to members of Virtual Threads. I will post a picture after the class. If you are a member, photos and information are posted in the Files section. If you are not a member of Virtual Threads, consider checking it out. While you check it out, you can see this workshop being offered - one of many they do offer(they try to provide workshops in a variety of techniques)

Well back to work. It has been an awesome summer (a Little too dry but not complaining as the snow will fly soon enough)

Happy Stitching!


Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment