Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summertime and Inspiration

I hope you are enjoying these summer days, and keeping cool when it is needed.  I know some people that don't spend as much time of sewing in the summer as they do in the winter.

I find I make the time to find a shady spot to sew in summer, just like in the winter I find a cozy spot (usually next to the wood stove).  I also find I take more photographs of flowers, birds, landscapes now and save them for designing whenever the idea strikes.  Sometimes I will take a series of photos of a flower as it goes from bud to complete flower to have on file for designing.  I will take photos from different angles in case when I am designing I need a particular perspective.  These photos are also great for matching colours. I know there are many on the Internet but I find using ones I have taken mean a little more to me.

So when outside (rain or shine) have the camera near by... you never know where or when the inspiration bug will get you...

Enjoy the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment