Friday, October 7, 2016

A Fun Challenge

Hi

Recently I participated in San Francisco School Of Neeedleowrk and Design's At Home Challenge. It was a neat challenge. I decided to use crayon tinting, some special embroidery stitches and beads to create the piece. Here is the result:


I was pleased with the results and have been playing with more crayon tinting.

The school posted my piece on facebook to remind people of their exhibit. That was neat!

This past week, I received my goodie bag from entering the challenge. Lots of goodies!


Along with the goodie bag, I was fortunate to get the next challenge. Using the upcycled Swarovski crystals provided, create a piece for the theme"Jewels of the Sea".


Now I have until January to come up with my creation. I have a plan, but you will have to wait....

My Muskoka Landscape workshop with Virtual Threads started today. This is my first virtual workshop - teaching. It is exciting and I can't wait to see what everyone does with the design.

This is Thanksgiving weekend. The trees are beautiful. Enjoy the weekend!

Happy Stitching!

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment